Wednesday, October 19, 2005

jungle, here i come!

hey folks,

im leaving for the jungle in less than half an hour so im frantically writing as fast as i can to inform you of my travels.

im gonna be grabbing a cab to the bus terminal, then take a 4.5 hours busride out to Shell..i hope to be in Shell before i gets dark. i spend the nite there with my buddy Bonnie, then we're both off to the jungle...in a Missionary Aviation Fellowship Airplane. we're gonna be doing healthcare training so we'll see where i fit in. i can't believe this trip is FINALLY happening...the tribe that we'll be working with are the Waorani Indians...! i've purchased my malaria medication and have been on it since yesterday. for those interested, im on mefloquin...and yes, the side effects have already begun!

if you are reading this today, please pray for my safety, i'll be travelling by myself on the bus..and while i have a phone and fluent spanish to get me outta trouble...who knows right? also, the jungle trip, and the plane ride..i think we'll be riding in a tiny cessna...we'll see.

dunno when i'll have internet access, but i'll post when i can!

love to you all, im off to the jungle!

dL

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaah so exciting! will be praying without ceasing debs!

bow =)

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bie
Have tonnes of fun!
Blah Malaria medications...feeling the side-effects for you...I hope they don't get too bad! I'll pray especially for that!
Hoping you don't have to experience anything too nauseating medically!

luv...Rie

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, the "side effects" i think you've shared with me what they were..hehe
fluent spanish now? Awesome!
God bless, take care.
-ARiella

 

Post a Comment

<< Home